Podcast: Play in new window | Download
You might reach a point in your practice when your excessive client work leaves no room to focus on future business growth and scalability.
This might be the ideal time to transition from being a client-facing advisor to a CEO who leads the company.
In this episode, Jon Kuttin is interviewed by Louis Diamond, President at Diamond Consultants and co-host of Independence: A Podcast for Financial Advisors. Jon reflects on his exciting career journey from being an intern in the 90s to leading a wealth management firm with nearly $2.4 billion in assets under management.
- How CPA partnerships can be effective referral-generators
- What it’s like to step back from client work and transition to a leadership role
- Valuable advice for young, up-and-coming advisors to kickstart their career
- Inorganic growth tactics to accelerate your business development
- And more!
- Mindy Diamond on Independence: A Podcast for Financial Advisors
- Perspectives: Weekly Insights for Advisors by Diamond Consultants
- Email Newsletter by Diamond Consultants
- “The Ensemble Practice: A Team-Based Approach to Building a Superior Wealth Management Firm” by Philip Palaveev
Connect with Diamond Consultants:
- Contact Diamond Consultants: (908) 879-1002
- Contact Mindy Diamond: (973) 476-8578
- Email Mindy Diamond: Mdiamond@diamond-consultants.com
- Diamond Consultants
- LinkedIn: Mindy Diamond
- LinkedIn: Louis Diamond
Connect with Kuttin Consulting Group:
- (855) 722-9393
- LinkedIn: Jonathan Kuttin
- CPA Alliance Coaching
- Request A Consultation
- Submit yourself as a guest for the podcast
About Mindy and Louis Diamond:
Mindy Diamond started Diamond Consultants in 1998 with nothing more than a pad, pen, and phone, working from the bedroom floor in her home. The business became a “third child” that she nurtured and developed into one of the leading consulting and recruiting firms for financial advisors in the country. Drawing from her own entrepreneurial experience, Mindy developed an organization that employs a unique relationship-driven approach that helps individuals and organizations achieve what she calls their “Best Business Life.” By counseling advisors on how to ask the right questions and “dig deep,” she helps them look at all of the opportunities available to find the one that allows them to reach their full potential.
Louis Diamond has guided many of the top teams in the industry as they’ve transitioned to another employee-model firm or launched RIA firms. As a next-generation leader for Diamond Consultants, Louis has a first-hand understanding of the needs and requirements of complex multi-generational teams. His strong business acumen, refined analytical skills, and objectivity allow him to advise independent business owners who want to accelerate growth via mergers, acquisitions and recruiting. As President of Diamond Consultants, Louis is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the firm, with an eye toward growth.
Jon Kuttin is a Barron’s Hall of Fame Advisor with 25+ years of experience leading and growing a financial advisory practice. Driven by a mission to build leaders and give back to the financial services industry, Jon launched Kuttin Consulting Group to provide training and consulting services from seasoned practitioners. Jon is skilled at building companies, M&A, leadership, Professional Alliances, Recruiting, and other growth oriented activities. He regular speaks and contributes articles and has been featured in a number of publications including Financial Advisor Magazine. In addition to serving as CEO of Kuttin Consulting Group, Jon serves as a partner in Haydenrock Solutions, a consulting firm helping CPAs build 21st century practices.