As the market volatility and uncertainty in 2022 continues, many advisors are leaning on a true comprehensive financial planning approach to help clients plan for their long-term goals.
Advisors, are you currently offering true comprehensive financial advice to your clients? If not, it may be the right time to look at this business vertical very closely and understand the tangible and intangible benefits of offering financial planning.
Historically, many advisors have led with investment and asset management as their main way to engage prospects and clients. As the market volatility looms and recurring revenue decreases, this one-legged approach may not be the best foot forward to truly show your value moving into the future.
If you are currently offering financial planning to your clients and want to learn how to go deeper or if you are new to this concept, this episode is for you!
Together, Jon Randall and Jon Kuttin discuss:
- How firms and top practices are mindfully increasing their financial planning revenues and going upmarket.
- How to change your mindset and thinking about planning and the true value and opportunity behind it and why financial planning is truly the “ace of advice”.
- How to think about creating a “financial planning arm” or defined division within your practice.
- The difference between an “asset management” relationship and a “financial planning” relationship with your clients and why you should rethink your approach to client service.
- How financial planning creates more “stickier” clientele
- How top advisors are utilizing financial planning as an organic referral tool and growth strategy.
- Real examples of how advisors can start conversations around financial planning and integrate it into their practice and service model by offering a tiered service model.
- LinkedIn: Doug Lennick
- LinkedIn: Think2perform
- SuperNova Advisor
- LinkedIn: Paul Latham
- D2 / KCG Mastermind Group Podcast
- “Advisor Alpha” Study by Vanguard
- XFA Coaching (Coming Soon)
Connect with Jon Randall:
Connect with Kuttin Consulting Group:
- (855) 722-9393
- LinkedIn: Jonathan Kuttin
- LinkedIn: Joseph Greco
- Our CPA Alliances Coaching Program
- Submit yourself as a guest for the podcast
About our Guest:
Jon Randall is a Certified Master Coach® and Premier Franchise Consultant who hit #1 in GDC Growth on the FC Scorecard for the advisors he works with all over the country. With more than 15 years of experience as a practicing advisor, Jon works with some of the top financial professionals in the industry – the average GDC for the advisors he coaches being more than $1.2 MM. He is also a national presenter at financial service industry conventions and workshops around the country. Jon’s specialties in consulting include marketing, investments, financial planning, and practice management.
Jon Kuttin is a Barron’s Hall of Fame Advisor with 25+ years of experience leading and growing a financial advisory practice. Driven by a mission to build leaders and give back to the financial services industry, Jon launched Kuttin Consulting Group to provide training and consulting services from seasoned practitioners. Jon is skilled at building companies, M&A, leadership, Professional Alliances, Recruiting, and other growth oriented activities. He regular speaks and contributes articles and has been featured in a number of publications including Financial Advisor Magazine. In addition to serving as CEO of Kuttin Consulting Group, Jon serves as a partner in Haydenrock Solutions, a consulting firm helping CPAs build 21st century practices.