We are back with another episode of Quantum Growth for Financial Advisors to pick Jon Kuttin’s brain on his favorite leadership quotes and sayings.
Today, Jon Kuttin and Joseph Greco go deep into two of Jon’s favorite leadership concepts — “Simple, Complex, Simple” or the concept of profound simplicity and the choice to either go “an inch wide and a mile deep” or “a mile wide and an inch deep” with your business.
The profound simplicity concept has been continuously adapted over the last 2 centuries, but started from a quote from Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. – “For the simplicity on this side of complexity, I wouldn’t give you a fig. But for the simplicity on the other side of complexity, for that I would give you anything I have.”
The second concept addresses the concept of being a generalist or a specialist within your business and why Jon believes that going deep on a few certain specialties is the best way to achieve massive success in your chosen field.
Listen in to learn:
- How to effectively think about achieving big goals.
- How to train your brain to think differently about the necessity of complexity.
- How to aspire to persevere through the complexity to achieve your biggest goals and “wants” and not just stop at your needs.
- How to think about being a specialist or a generalist and Jon’s thoughts on both approaches to business ownership.
- Simple Complex Simple Concept Explained by Summit Journey Coaching
- Profound Simplicity Book by Will Schutz – Amazon
- Ray Kelly – LinkedIn
- Doug Lennick – LinkedIn
- Think2perform – LinkedIn
- Think2perform – Website
- Ed Mylett – The Power of One More Book – Amazon
- The Ed Mylett Show – Apple Podcasts
- The “Inch Wide and a Mile Deep” Concept in Detail – Predictable Profits
Connect with Jon Kuttin, Joseph Greco and Consulting Group:
- (855) 722-9393
- LinkedIn: Jonathan Kuttin
- LinkedIn: Joseph Greco
- Our CPA Alliances Coaching Program
- Submit yourself as a guest for the podcast
Joseph joined Jon’s wealth management practice in 2012 as a junior associate. He quickly found a strong niche building relationships with local CPAs on Long Island and in New York City to help source new clients and professional alliances to the firm. He works with 20+ CPA and attorney partners in our close knit network and has experience developing inside sales teams to reach niche target markets within the financial services space. Joseph manages the sales and onboarding of advisors and accountants into the Kuttin Consulting Group family and acts as a general coach in helping advisors work smarter with accountants and other professionals to help realize their business and personal goals.